- Misuse--often mistaken for overuse. All tissues respond to load; not only will they get damaged if the load is too much or weakened if the load is too small, but become dysfunctional if there is not enough rest in between engagements.
- Disuse or lack of use will atrophy most tissues in the body including bones, cartilage, ligaments, muscles and tendons.
- Dissatisfaction with job and/or lifestyle.
- Patient consciously or subconsciously uses physical pain to distract his/her mind from emotional pain
- Patient involved in toxic relationship
- Poor diet or nutritional deficient. The lack of needed nutrients, vitamins, minerals and enzymes in the body can contribute to conditions such as weak bones (osteoporosis), weak cartilage, weak ligaments, weak tendons, etc.
- Lack of adequate nourishment inhibits the body's natural healing response.
- Hormonal imbalance may weaken bones, cartilage, ligaments and tendons.
- Hormonal imbalance can cause conditions such as systematic joint instability by making ligaments too lose.
- Diabetes by itself, may cause conditions like tendonitis and bursitis.
- Genetic predisposition can be the cause for diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, degenerative osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, scoliosis, etc.
(some of this factors can be backed up with science but others are just my clinical observations)
Let others know about this blog and let me know what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org or write a comment on the box.