Thursday, February 21, 2008

(Post #67) On Headaches


Headaches can be triggered by:

1. Mechanical causes-- neck or jaw dysfunctions(TMJ).

2. Emotional causes--stress, toxic relationship, unsatisfied lifestyle, job, etc.

3. Chemical causes--poor nutrition, smoking, alcohol, etc.

4. Hormonal causes-- hormonal dis-balance.

So what can you do?

Ask yourself:

1. Am I getting enough aerobic exercise at least 5 days per week?... remember 220 minus your age x .8 for example: for me is 220 - 35 x .8 = 148 beats per minute or 24 beats per 10 seconds.

2. Am I eating enough proteins (fish, chicken and beans with rice), vegetables, fruits and clean water?

3. Am I sleeping and resting enough?

4. Am I keeping a good posture most of the time?

5. Am I interrupting the sitting I do, every 30 minutes?

6. Am I doing something about stress such as finding the activities or people that weaken me and getting rid of them?

If your answer is no to any of the questions above, then get started!!!.

If your answer is yes to all of these questions and you still have headaches...it is time to see a doctor.