Saturday, January 31, 2009
(Post 109) "Sticky Nerves"
What are "Sticky Nerves" or in some medical terms "Adherent Nerve Roots?
1. Nerve roots, spinal cord and sometimes brain tissue that is adhered to other tissue such as bones, spinal discs, muscles and fascia.
2. Nerve tissue that is entrapped by other structures like spinal disc, calcium deposit and sometime muscles.
What are the symptoms?
1. Pain, burning and restriction that is often confused with by muscle pain and tightness.
2. Burning sensation on legs when speed walking and running.
3. Wrist and arm pain often misdiagnosed as carpal tunnel.
What causes it?
1. Inflammation from misuse and overuse.
2. Injury or trauma.
3. Poor training methods.
What can you do about it?
1. Learn to mobilize or "floss" your nervous system (see post 60 for sciatic flossing).
2. Walk 20-30 minutes everyday.
3. Swim 20-30 minutes.
Posted by Juan Ruiz-Tagle at 10:13 AM