It takes a touch of genius...to move in the opposite direction."
I would like to suggest an alternative to those who are suffering with simple back pain (pain that is less than 8 weeks):
- Walk every day for at least 20 minutes.
- Move around and gently stretch 1 minute for every 30 minutes of sitting.
- Change posture within a neutral position.
- When working, try changing position as often as possible.
- When lifting, get your pelvis close to the object first and then lift.
- If the above is not enough, find a good therapist or trainer who would teach you the right type of exercises.