WHEN SHOULD WE USE FUNCTIONAL TRAINING (Movement Training)?
Functional Training is best used when we want to:
1. Rehabilitate non-surgical orthopedic, neuromuscular and sports injuries.
2. Prevent injury and dysfunction.
3. Improve movement and sports performance.
WHEN SHOULD WE USE STRUCTURAL TRAINING (Muscle Training)?
Structural training is best utilized on the following situations:
1. First stages of rehabilitation after surgery.
2. When we don't have the muscle strength to start a functional movement.
3. If we are dealing with a condition or disease that does not allow us to train functionally.
(There is much more to functional training and structural training than the basic description given above)