Monday, March 24, 2008
(Post # 78) Elbow Pain & Dysfunction
Tennis elbow and golfers elbow are terms used to describe inflammation or degeneration of the tendons of muscles that go from the elbow into the fingers.
Most of the time these tendons get injured or irritated by using the wrong tennis racquet, by typing without enough rest in between or by misuse through poor training. An example may be going from little use to excessive use, such as in a heavy tennis match or golf game.
So what do we do?
1. Train all the muscles of the upper body including the fingers with stability, mobility, strength and endurance exercises.
2. Mobilize all the joints of the body specially the ones of the shoulders, arms, hands and fingers.
3. Warm up before every training, game or activity.
4. Cool down after every exercises or training sessions.
5. Take frequent rest between typing, training or game sessions.
Posted by Juan Ruiz-Tagle at 10:38 PM